This race event participation agreement (Agreement) is a legal agreement between you (You) and Front Runner Events Limited a company established in England and Wales with number 08708091 whose registered office is at 11 Axis Court, Mallard Way, Swansea Vale, Swansea, SA7 0AJ (Organiser or Us or We) for:
- the second edition of the Gorseinon 10K that is scheduled to take place on 19th May 2024 (the ‘Event’).
- the ‘Event’ relates to the sequential edition of the Event and not the date on which the event is advertised.
For specific race enquiries please contact: email@example.com
By checking the box, you are accepting that You agree to the terms of this Agreement and agree to be bound by it.
STANDARD TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The Event is organised by Us.
2. Your right to compete in the Event is dependent on You fulfilling the following criteria:
a. You must complete the on-line race entry form, giving full and accurate information;
b. You must meet the race entry criteria stated in clause 3 below;
c. You must agree to be bound by the race day rules stated in clause 4 below;
d. By agreeing to these Terms & Conditions You have effectively signed a disclaimer to allow participation in the Event;
e. You must pay the race entry fee (the ‘Fee’); and
f. You must have received an email from Us (or Our Agents) advising You that You have been accepted as a competitor in the Event.
g. You must complete all the required medical information fields on the back of your run number (bib) prior to participating in the event.
h. You must not share, give away, copy or allocate, etc Your race number to anyone else under any circumstances
3. The race entry criteria referred to at clause 2(b) is:
a. You are over the age of 15 years old on the day of the Event for the 10K.
b. You are physically fit, in good health and capable of completing the full distance of the Event (6.2 miles) within 2 hours, should you not be maintaining the pace to achieve this cut-off when you reach the halfway point, you’ll be asked to board the sweep vehicle which will return you to the finish area;
c. You have notified Us of any known medical condition in advance of taking part in the Event by completing the relevant section of the Event online application during your registration and We have confirmed in writing that (without prejudice to clause 2(d) and clause 15) You are not excluded from the Event on the basis of information You have given to Us (Please note that You may be required to supply Us with a medical certificate signed by your doctor confirming that You are fit to take part in the Event).
a. The rules governing competitors on the day of the Event are those of the UK Athletics Association known as the “UK Athletics Rules for Competition”.
A copy of these rules can be found at:
b. An entrant shall be deemed to have made him/herself/their self, familiar with, and agreed to be bound by the UKA Anti-Doping Rules and to submit to the authority of UK Anti-Doping in the application and enforcement of the Anti-Doping Rules. The UKA Anti-Doping Rules apply to entrants participating in the sport of Athletics, for 12 months from the [date of entry], whether or not the licence holder is a citizen of, or resident in, the UK.
c. You will be provided with a race number that must be worn on the front of your t-shirt and must be visible at all times during the Event. Before competing in the Event, You must complete the contact and medical details form which can be found on the reverse of your Event race number in case of medical emergency;
d. If You are issued with a timing chip at the Event You are responsible for wearing the timing chip during the Event in accordance with instructions given to You by Us. It is a condition of the Event that You cross all timing mats provided and are recorded passing any timing or recording points on the route;
e. It is at Our absolute discretion to allow You to participate in the Event if you arrive later than the scheduled start time;
f. You must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol during the Event;
g. You must follow instructions as given from all Event officials including race marshals, stewards and members of the medical team. Failure to follow instructions given may lead to your disqualification from the Event;
h. Race marshals, stewards and members of the medical team at the Event have authority to disqualify You from the Event and ask You to leave the race course should they consider that You are putting your own safety and welfare, or the safety and welfare of others, at risk
i. You must respect and follow instructions from all Event Staff & Management at all times during the race. If you are found to be verbally or physically abusive to Staff, Volunteers, Spectators or fellow runners we reserve the right to disqualify you from the race & ban you from future races
j. The use of wheeled devices by participants or any other person authorised to be on the course shall be strictly limited to (a) authorised and registered competitive wheelchair participants and (b) authorised course marshals on bicycles. Baby joggers, baby strollers, skateboards, rollerblades, Kangoo Jumps, stilts, crutches, unauthorised bicycles/scooters or any other wheeled device will not be permitted.
k. Toilet facilities are provided for the benefit and use of Race Participants only at the start / finish of the Event and along the course at various intervals. Should You urinate or defecate anywhere along the route other than in a recognised toilet facility You will be disqualified from the Event;
l. If You are found by any Event personnel, race marshal, event official or surveillance equipment to have gained an unfair advantage by intentionally shortening the route of the race You shall be immediately disqualified from the Event;
m. Any disputes arising at the Event shall be referred to the Event Director whose decision shall be final;
n. The Event licences is available for inspection on our website.
5. Your entry into the Event is transferable up until the transfer deadline, which is 12th April 2024. Any transfer to another participant will be subject to a fee of at least £10 (plus admin charges). You are responsible for the transfer. Transfers are conducted via the Eventrac Members Platform. You will not receive a refund. In the event You are found to have transferred your race entry to another person, without following the Event procedure your race number will be disqualified from the Event.
6a. Your entry into the Event can be deferred if you are injured or have a medical condition which is preventing you from completing this year’s event. Your entry can be deferred once and into the subsequent year’s event. You will need to complete a deferral form and will be asked to provide proof of injury/medical note. A deferral fee of £12 (+ bf) will be applicable once your application to defer has been approved and a registration form must be completed to confirm your entry into the event. The request to defer your entry must be received before the deadline, which is 15th May 2024.
6b. Your entry into the Event can be deferred if you are pregnant or postpartum for up to two years from date of entry (2024 or 2025). Your entry can be deferred once and into the subsequent year’s event. You will need to complete a deferral form and will be asked to provide proof by way of medical/midwife note. A deferral fee of £12 (+ bf) will be applicable once your application to defer has been approved and a registration form must be completed to confirm your entry into the event. The request to defer your entry must be received before the deadline, which is 15th May 2024.
7. If following your application to enter the Event You subsequently decide for whatever reason not to compete in the Event, you may withdraw from the Event, but you shall not be entitled to a refund of the Fee and We shall not be liable for any losses You may suffer as a result.
8. Applications to enter the Event shall be refused when the course cap is reached, or if this is not reached, after midnight on the 12th April 2024.
9a. If You selected and purchased the Booking Protect ‘Ticket Protection’ at point of entry, the terms and conditions in respect of this and the process for claiming against such can be found here [Insert link to BP PDF]. Ticket Protection is a stand-alone Agreement between You and Booking Protect. Front Runner Events cannot assist with any claims or enquiries in respect of this.
We advise that Clauses 9b and 10 remain effective with all Event entry purchases.
9b. If Ticket Protection was not purchased; we reserve the right and shall have absolute discretion to delay, cancel, postpone or suspend the Event due to a Major Incident (See clause 10) or extreme inclement weather or other extreme weather conditions, an incident on or near the race course or any other emergency or extraordinary circumstance (including without limitation in cases of riot (or threatened riot), act or threatened act of terrorism, civil or political unrest, pandemic or epidemic (global or localised – see Clause 11 for additional information in respect of pandemic/epidemic), sabotage, labour disputes or strikes, acts of governmental or non-governmental authority) death or serious injury of a member of the Royal Family or senior politician (serving or otherwise) or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that would be deemed a Force Majeure. Should We delay, cancel, postpone or suspend the Event for any of these reasons You shall not be entitled to receive a refund of the Fee and We shall not be liable for any losses You may suffer as a result.
10. Should a major incident occur along the Event course, we reserve the right to amend the route and / or to shorten the race distance and / or to stop the race. Should this occur You shall not be entitled to receive a refund of the Fee and We shall not be liable for any losses You may suffer as a result.
11. . The participant acknowledges that in the event of a global or localised pandemic or epidemic of similar or equivalent nature, We may be required to postpone, cancel, suspend or change the Event at short notice, due to circumstances beyond Our control following instructions, directions or guidance issued by national or local governments or governmental departments, local authority or departments thereof. The participant acknowledges We cannot offer any refunds under these circumstances. You can choose to the run the Event Virtually or choose one of the options under clauses 5 or 6.
Should we have to postpone, cancel, suspend or change the Event for any of the reasons as covered by Clauses 9 or 11, we retain the right to convert the Event to a Virtual Event. In the event of such a decision, You will not receive a refund and there will be no additional charges and We will provide You with a platform to submit Your time and We will provide You with a finishers certificate and medal for participating.
12. Without prejudice to clause 7, clause 9, clause 10 and clause 11 We reserve the right to alter the date of the Event, alter the course route or alter the course distance of the Event.
IMPORTANT NOTICE – GENERAL LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
13. You acknowledge that You are entering the Event at your own risk.
14. By entering into this Agreement and by competing in the Event You confirm that You are of sufficient health and fitness to compete in the Event.
15. Save in the event of any negligent or wilful act or omission on its or their part, neither the Organiser nor its officers, agents, employees, licensees or assignees, sponsors or medical advisers shall be liable to You for death or personal injury, or damage to your property or for any other loss of whatever nature suffered thereby whether during preparation for the Event, during the Event or after the Event.
16. Without prejudice to the generality of clause 15, neither the Organiser nor its officers, agents, employees, licensees or assignees, sponsors or medical advisers shall be liable to You for any actions of any spectators or any third party at the Event.
17. Baggage facilities will be provided for use by competitors at the Event. Without prejudice to the generality of clause 15, should You choose to use these baggage facilities You agree that We shall not be liable for any loss, theft or damage to your property.
18. It is agreed that You shall indemnify the Organiser and/or its employees and agents, licensees and assignees and sponsors and medical advisers from and against all costs, claims and demands (including reasonable legal fees) arising out of matters for which You are liable under this Agreement.
IMPORTANT NOTICE – USE OF INFORMATION:
19. We will share data with our service providers UK Athletics Limited and Welsh Athletics Limited (as required) to the extent necessary to provide services at the Event. This data will include the number of competitors expected to compete at the Event and any medical information entered against your race number or collected by medical advisers during the Event. By entering into this Agreement, you consent to Us using and sharing your information in this way.
20. We may also share your personal information (which shall include any fundraising activities You carry out during the Event) with associated race partners and charities. By entering into this Agreement, you confirm your consent to our sharing of your information in this way.
21. We may also share your personal information with associated race partners and charities. By entering into this Agreement, you confirm your consent to our sharing of your information in this way.
22. By entering the Event and in the event of a serious injury, hospitalisation or a viral/virus outbreak or Test, Trace & Protect (TTP) notification, You agree to the sharing of your details and condition (Data) between Front Runner Events Limited and the NHS, Government, Local Authority, Hospital, Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics or anyone charged with the management of Your medical care. Front Runner Events Limited will only be permitted to discuss such matters with the Race Medical Director, Race Medical Team, Event Management Team, NHS, Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics or anyone charged with the management of your medical care and those named on the rear of the race bib or Next of Kin You named upon entering the Event.
23. Due to the nature of the Event, you may be photographed or videoed at the Event. By entering into this Agreement, you give Us together with our Event sponsors and partners permission to use any photographs or videos taken of You at the Event throughout the world in all and any media, including in any promotional and advertising material of ours or our sponsors. You confirm that You do not object to Us or our sponsors storing copies of the photographs taken or videos filmed for use in connection with any promotional or advertising activities.
24. Our terms and conditions are reviewed periodically, and We reserve the right to amend them accordingly. You are expected to review our website so as to be aware of any changes. You agree to be bound by any modification or supplement to this Agreement that is published prior to the Event.
25. This Agreement shall be governed by English and Welsh law and the parties agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
By entering the Event or checking the box, You confirm that You ACCEPT these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them